This 10-part training series by Jisse Reitsma dives into the differences and similarities between Magento 2 and Shopware 6. You will learn the terminology and get an overview of which technologies are used -- some of which might be new for Magento developers; some of which are already known. Features in both systems are compared so that you can easily get started developing with Shopware 6.
This training is ideal for anyone with Magento experience interested in learning more about Shopware. No prior experience with Shopware is required.
What will I learn?
- Architectural overview of Shopware
- Introduction to Shopware 6 CLI commands
- Comparison of controllers between Magento 2 and Shopware 6
- Database: the differences between Magento and Shopware
- Comparison of plugin interceptors with service decorators
- Differences in Dependency Injection between Magento 2 and Shopware 6
- How to use event subscribers in Shopware as a Magento developer
- A comparison between EAV attributes, extension attributes, custom fields and more
- How to work with repositories in Magento and Shopware
- Templating in Shopware 6, laid out for a Magento developer
- Frontend developers
- Backend developers
- Welcome to the Magento vs Shopware course!
- CLI commands
- Dependency Injection
- Product attributes